This quarter has been really different for me. I completely absorbed myself in studies and work. I helped out in church from time to time, attended the PAHM events in support of Kababayan, gave a couple of campus tours, and just worked on me. I took a break from helping other people in a significant way. I was just kind of a nomad going from here to there, never fully being connected to anyone or anything. I think about changing the world in a big way everyday, but I rarely call my body to action. I need to make a change and I know exactly where to start.
I plan to go to Manila before I teach abroad in Korea this June. I decided to write my plans in this blog to hold me accountable. These are some tentative organizations I want to work with:
1) Dynamic Teen Company (http://dynamicteencompany.org/)
2) Gawad Kalinga
3) Operation Smile
4) UNICEF
5) Bantay Bata
No comments:
Post a Comment